YOUR NEXT EXPERIENCE IS UP TO YOU
NextUp — a free program for Richmond Public Schools middle school students — provides safe, high-quality opportunities for students to explore interests, express themselves, make friends and have fun! NextUp isn’t one single program or in one specific building. Rather, it’s a coordinated network of providers that have a common commitment to ensuring middle school students have access to quality after-school activities. Programs are offered at both the schools and nearby locations.
HOW NEXTUP WORKS
For a minimum of two days every week, NextUp members can participate in activities of their choice. Registration is required for all activities. Dinner, snacks and transportation are provided.
WHAT NEXTUP MEANS FOR STUDENTS
- Direct, hands-on learning and exploration of interests
- Freedom, structure and safety in all activities
- New friends, new role models, new connections
- New inspirations, new talents, new goals
WHAT NEXTUP MEANS FOR FAMILIES
- A safe, positive place for youth when not at home
- Access to high-quality enriching experiences for youth
- Improved behavior
- Increased school participation