Your next experience is up to you
Currently, NextUp operates coordinated programming at Henderson Middle School, Boushall Middle School, Lucille Brown Middle School, and Elkhardt-Thompson Middle School in partnership with Greater Richmond YMCA and Communities In Schools of Richmond. NextUp sites offer a safe, fun, educational environment for middle-schoolers that supports academic and social development, as well as personal growth.
What Can You Expect?
- Transportation to all programs as noted in the program descriptions. For programs that take place outside of the school building, transportation will be provided back to the school. Bus transportation home is provided for all youth participating in NextUp if parents provide approval. Parents are always welcome to pick up students at the end of their program day.
- Healthy snacks and dinner provided by Richmond Public Schools.
- Quality programs from experienced providers. There are lots of hands-on activities that build on what students learn in school and give them opportunities to explore their interests and promote self-expression.
- Skills for setting short- and long- term goals while supporting youth developmentally.
- Communication between you, your student’s teachers, NextUp staff leadership, and enrichment support partners.