Richmond’s youth will thrive in school, at home and in the community.
Studies show that structured Out-of-School Time (OST) programs make a positive difference in the lives of students and their families, and in the communities where they live and grow. Quality programs designed to offer experiences that supplement and support school-based education often lead to better school attendance, behavior and course performance. Also, quality OST programs provide a safe place to receive academic support and develop interests, passions and social skills.
NextUp, formerly Middle School Renaissance 2020, was founded with the mission to enhance academic and developmental progress for students and to help create a stronger learning culture both in and out of the classroom.
- More student participation in high-quality OST programs
- Superior student outcomes, including:
– Increased school attendance
– Higher grades in key courses
– Reduced behavioral incidents
– Increased social and emotional well-being
- Better communication and collaboration among schools, service providers, city officials, students and families
- More efficient use of school and community resources, and a more sustainable funding model