Your next experience is up to you
Currently, NextUp operates coordinated programming at Henderson Middle School and Boushall Middle School in partnership with Higher Achievement and Communities In Schools of Richmond. NextUp-Henderson and NextUp-Boushall offer a safe, fun, educational environment for middle-schoolers that supports academic and social development, as well as personal growth.
What Can You Expect?
- Transportation to all programs as noted in the program descriptions. For programs that take place outside of the school building, transportation will be provided back to the school. Bus transportation home is provided for all youth participating in NextUp if parents provide approval. Parents are always welcome to pick up students at the end of their program day.
- Healthy snacks and dinner provided by Kids Cafe.
- Quality programs from experienced providers. There are lots of hands-on activities that build on what students learn in school and give them opportunities to explore their interests and promote self-expression. Homework and academic support time is set aside Monday through Thursday.
- Skills for setting short- and long- term goals while supporting youth developmentally.
- Communication between you, your student’s teachers, NextUp staff leadership and academic support partners.